Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh Great


After spending 2 hours in a St. George ER (very nice, very prompt BTW), it turns out my little "accident" on Friday (I passed out after giving blood and landed on my face) is really a concussion. I am on "bed rest" for the next week! Yeah - try that with three kids and being on "vacation" in St. George. I AM NOT supposed to run - it will make things worse. I AM NOT supposed to drive. Aaaghhhhhh!!! There goes my race on Saturday. Funny - the days I can run I don't really want to. When someone tells me I can't - that is all I want to do! In the words of Cinderella (80's hair band for all you young 'uns out there) Don't Know What You've Got Till It's Gone. (Running isn't really gone, just on hiatus for a while). Ha ha ha. I am sure I will laugh about this - someday.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness! What kind of accident did you have? Did I miss a post where you posted about it? Hmmmm
So sorry you will miss your rest, but better to take care of yourself! There will be many other! Just take advantage and rest!

Casey said...

Gosh, pinning someone down like you is not fun!! You are go go go! How did you know something else was wrong? Enjoy the rest if you can!

Flockhart Family said...

I am sorry to hear about that. Let me know if there is anything that I can do.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

What made you decide to go to the ER?

Did they say if singing really, really loud to Ratt could have aggrivated it?

Kaarina said...

Okay...my toliet water so takes a back seat to this! Stop trying to take care of the greater good and take care of yourself! Love ya...

Good Buy Consignment said...

Ouch! That sounds like it really hurt. I hope you feel better soon and can start running again.

Wendy said...

Kristine, I just found that you have a blog...then I find that you are injured! You've got to stop surprising me like this. Please let us help in any way we can.