Friday, March 27, 2009

Adventures in Beantown - Day 2

Salem, MASS House of the Seven Gables - Nathaniel Hawthorne wrote the book about this house.


One of the first burial places in US - dates to the early 1600's - amazing - I could still read the names and dates on the headstones!


Salem Witch Museum - very interesting active diorama about the Salem Witch Trials in 1692. I am pretty glad I didn't live back then . . .
Our last stop was the Harbor Candy Company. It had the most amazing chocolates. Yes, I did spend a bit of money there . . .
NYC tomorrow. Hopefully I won't get lost or mugged!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I hope you are enjoying your time there! One of my best friends is there today (saturday). Her family came in from out of town and she is showing them all the sites. Perhaps you will run into her! Have fun!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

It looks like you are having a fabulous trip. Sorry about the rough night after the crab. The pictures of the coast and lighthouse are beautiful! What a fun trip!!!