Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Still Sitting in Mexico

Still sitting in Mexico. Still hearing about Swine Flu. Still worrying I will be forced to stay in Mexico for an extended period of time and have to learn to make tortillas for a living.

On the upside, today Chris and I learned how to bargain down a speeding ticket from a Mexican Police Officer. It started out at 1,800 pesos (about 150 US) and the cop keeps his license until we pay. It ended up at "how much you want to pay?" We got out of it for 500 pesos (about 40 US) and keeping the license. Only in Mexico. Only me.

Also, for you Nacho Libre fans - I saw a woman eating corn on a stick! "Getcha corn outta my face!" I do have a photo. It will post as soon as I get home - if I get to come home.

2 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

You're having quite an adventure!

Wendy said...

we miss you...don't bring back any gifts :)