Monday, January 25, 2010

Smiling

I am smiling because I can.

If I don't laugh, I cry.

I choose to laugh.
I am thinking about running.

I spent a lot of time running last year.

I went through 6 pairs of running shoes.

That is a lot of running.

I am smiling because I remember my last race.

I am smiling because I remember how proud I felt when my husband finished the St. George Marathon.
I am smiling because I am still so, so proud of him.

I am smiling because some day, somewhere, somehow, I, too, will finish the St. George Marathon.

I am smiling because I don't have to do it today.
I am smiling because my uncle ran my favorite half marathon on Saturday and thought of me.
If I had been able to run, it would have been my fourth year in a row.
I sitll miss running.

I miss exercise. Period.

I am still smiling because I can.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your post gave me a smile. :0)

Tamarynn Leigh said...

You are such an inspiration! How are you doing? I wanted to say "hi" to you on Sunday, but didn't get the change! You look great! Hope you aren't overdoing it now that you are back in school. Let me know if you need anything!!!

Kaarina said...

You'll be back before you know it! You are amazing! Hang in there :)