Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Smile and Be Happy!

"Smile, ninos, for the Lord has blessed us today."
-from Nacho Libre, the funniest movie EVER! Also, the last thing I say to my teenager when she gets out of the car in the morning to head into school.

In an effort to focus on the GOOD in my life, here is what I am SMILING about today:

My children, all three of them, each have at least two good friends. I am grateful for good friends. Good friends help keep them out of trouble. Or help them get into trouble - it depends on the kid. Good friends are vital to a happy childhood. I have had several good friends in my life. So many I can't name them all. One good friend in particular I will name. Sharon. We have been friends since the 6th grade. Long time, I know. She lives in Erda, so we see each other possibly once a month. When I see her it feels like we haven't ever been apart. My other two friends that I call pretty much daily, I am smiling because you are in my life. My other good friend, the one that sends me pictures, I am smiling because you are in my life.

I hope each and every one of you reading this is smiling because you, too, have a good friend.

To all my good friends out there - I love you - all of you! (And hopefully you all know who you are!!)

No comments: