Tuesday, July 28, 2009

First Day of School (sob!)

Cameron and his best bud Keller on their first day of 1st Grade

Ashlie and her BFF Madeline on the 1st day of 5th Grade

Yesterday I sent my baby to 5th Grade (gotta love this year round school.) Today I sent my baby to First Grade (sob). Yes, I cried a little. Yes, I am a little excited for the freedom. Yes, I am sad. Yes, I feel very, very old. Yes, I am moving on to the next stage of my life. No, I am not ready for this. My kids grew up way, way too fast. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Because I don't think I always did. Now I can't stop crying.

2 comments:

kir said...

It is so crazy to have them get big so fast and they totally do!! On the bright side, Taylor will be home to kick it with you for another month, and then when she starts, your elementary kiddos will be off-track!! Oh, the joys of year-around...

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Aw! Look at those 2 handsome boys!

And I'm still giggling that Macy and Ashlie wore the same outfit to the first day of school