Monday, January 12, 2009

St. George or Bust

In 5 days I will be running the St. George Painter's Half Marathon for the third time. I do this every year, ask myself the same questions. Am I ready? Did I train hard enough? Can I make it past mile 10? Am I going to shart my pants? Wish me luck. Hopefully all will go well. I want to beat my time from last year. (I won't write it - it is a little slower than I like.) My husband is running as well as my uncle Randy. They both smoke me - they are much faster than I am. So I will be running alone.

At least I get a weekend in St. George, right? And besides - I am going to run the St. George Marathon this year (if the lottery Gods shine on me). Hence the title of my blog - I want to say I have run a marathon. I think it will be an amazing feeling to cross that finish line. When I finish a race, especially a long one, I feel like I can do anything in the world! I know if I can run a 1/2, so can anyone else. When I started out, I ran one lap around the high school track and thought I was going to die. Now I can run 13.1 miles and not die! Amazing how that works. I know if I can run a half, I can run a full (I hope). So running partner (you know who you are) get ready because I will need you!! For my two dear friends who actually read my blog and give me such nice comments and support, thank you! I love you both!! (Again, you know who you are!)

Keep on running . . .

No comments: