Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cookies Anyone?

Had a couple of cute neighbors have new babies.  The girls and I wanted to take them a treat - so Ashlie decided on homemade oreos.  (Ashlie takes after me - insane sweetooth and a love for baking!)  We were out of chocolate cake mixes - which is a shock becuase I always have chocolate cake mixes (I buy them by the case).  Anyway, she tried "inside out" oreos - using a yellow cake mix and chocolate frosting instead of a devil's food cake mix and cream cheese frosting.  They turned out pretty good!  Here's the recipe if you want to try them yourself (just the standard cake mix oreo cookie recipe).




1 box yellow cake mix
1 cube margarine
1 egg

Mix together and roll dough into balls.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 7 - 9 minutes.  Let cool and frost with chocolate frosting.  (We made them into oreos - chocolate frosting on the bottom cookie, top with another cookie.)

I use canned chocolate frosting because I am lazy and it is pretty cheap when I buy it on sale.  Hope you like them as much as we did!

No comments: