Monday, February 22, 2010

Running Update

Doc says I should be able to run in two more weeks. Yeah!
I even bought new running pants to celebrate (my fav - Nike dry wick full length - pricey, but totally worth every penny!)
Okay, I will admit.
I am a little nervous to start again.
I am a complete and total wimp when it comes to pain.
And the last dozen times I ran I was in extreme pain.
Supposedly surgery fixed all that, right?
Buck up and be a big girl, right?
(It was easier to whine about not doing it)

4 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

My fingers are crossed!

Wendy said...

You'll do great. When I see you out there running you seem to have incredible focus. I'm just trying to get back into shape though I have excrusiating foot/nerve pain. I think I'll be having surgery in the near future. :(

lovetotravel said...

I just came across your blog. Good luck on your training. I'm 46 and decided last October to run my first marathon. I was a runner, but only 2-3 miles a day. I started training mid October and finished my first (probably last!) this past Sunday. I'll do 1/2's, I think. Good luck!

Heather said...

Congratulations!! You have run so much in the past hopefully it won't be as bad as you think:) I am running the SL 1/2 (it's been a struggle though training, I keep having problems with Bronchitis) and hope to run the St. George Marathon:) Maybe we will see you there:) Maybe I will have to be a summer only runner!!:)