Friday, September 25, 2009

A Hot Dog Story


This is Hot Dog. Hot Dog came into our family through Chris' brother, Steve. When we got him, Cameron was 2 years old and knew that "hot" went with "dog" because of his favorite food at the time. Hence, the dog became Hot Dog. I am not a big fan of dogs. I come from a long line of dog lovers, so I don't know what happened to me. I just don't enjoy dogs. I think they are smelly and hairy. We have now had Hot Dog for about four years. He runs away, he barks at all hours of the night, he sheds all over my house, I catch him sitting on my furniture! I complain and complain about Hot Dog.


Then Cameron went to school all day and I was left home alone, by myself, which should be heavenly, right? Wrong! I missed my little buddy. It was kind of sad to be home alone, after so many years of kids. Hot Dog has become my companion. He follows me from room to room. He sits with my while I am doing my homework. I realize it is kind of nice to have another presence in the house, especially one that doesn't talk back! I realize I actually love Hot Dog (which was a surprising revelation to me-given my aversion to dogs). So here's to Hot Dog - a pretty good dog.

1 comment:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I am not a dog lover. You might even say I'm a dog hater. However, the fact that you named your dog Hot Dog makes me giggle every time I hear it. That is all.